This Vegan Thai Red Curry is a fantastic Holiday Dinner Idea. You can also make the whole thing ahead of time. That’s the best part!
Beth’s Vegan Thai Red Curry
Vegan Thai Red Curry Recipe is a great vegetarian and vegan Thanksgiving Dinner Idea. You can also make the whole thing ahead of time. Includes recipe video too.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unflavored cooking oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) white onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated ginger
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) red curry paste
- 3 (15-oz) cans full fat coconut milk (3 (398ml) cans)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sweet potatoes cut into bite-sized half moons or chunks
- 1 cup (240 ml) cauliflower florets
- 1 (15-0z) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (1- 425g can)
- 1 cup kale (240 ml)
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Cook onions until fragrant, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant then add curry paste, cook stirring paste with the vegetables for 1 minute.
- Whisk in coconut milk. The full fat variety will have the cream risen to the top, no worries it will melt and combined once heated and stirred.
- Add the brown sugar and salt. Then add the sweet potatoes. Allow to cook in the curry for 5-8 mins until tender. Then add the cauliflower, garbanzo beans and kale. Cook until heated through and tender about 5 mins more.
- Transfer to a large serving tureen. Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro.
- Serve along side of brown rice. Enjoy!